Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Gunner's Status

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:39:23 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Larry, what makes you think you know the implications of any of that?
Because someone told you so? Or have you run the numbers yourself? Or
what?

Did you run the numbers? You are taking a position.

My position is that neither Larry, you, or me are up to taking a position on
the sources of global warming. When he quotes percentages of gases in the
atmosphere and the relative timing of temperature rises versus increases in
the percentage of CO2, suggesting that they mean something that leads him to
his conclusion, one might want to know how he's arrived at that conclusion.
Then, when he says he's arrived at his position by "logic" but doesn't
understand the physical principles behind the gas greenhouse effect, which
is the only relevance for bringing up the CO2 percentage, I might question
what kind of logic he's using.

Thank you, Ed.

d8-)

Doesn't make it better. End of discussion.

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.