Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A little snow had began to fall....

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:

"Mike Clarke" wrote in message
et...

There's no easy solution but I do feel that the schools are over
reacting to fears about litigation and health and safety policies.
I'd expect a fair number of pupils as well as staff would fail to turn
up. The staff to pupil ratio would probably still be less than the
desired ratio but the school could still provide a better environment
for kids where both parents are out at work all day.

There have been several injuries and at least one death as a result of
kids *not* being at school. I think it would be safe to say a school is
a safer environment than most other places even when its snowing. The
authorities should take this into account before putting the kids at
risk.

Don't be silly - the school authorities can't be sued if a kid gets hurt
while at home. That's the whole reason for closing schools - not the
actual health or safety of the kids.

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.