Posted to uk.d-i-y
zen83237 zen83237 is offline

Default Office type chair on a new carpet

"Angela" wrote in message
om...

"Mick Cant" wrote in message
| Hi all,
| I have just had a new hopefully hard wearing carpet in my living
| room, but just realised that the very comfortable office type chair I
have
| with five legs on small wheels.
| I remember seeing the damage these wheels can do on carpet, and as I do
not
| need to keep wheeling it around wondered if there were any cup type caps
| could put under the wheels to stop any carpet damage.
| I hope this makes sense and someone can suggest something,
| Mick.

I bought one of these from Ikea
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/44881100 which is specifically
for the job. It's thick clear plastic and the chair glides over it
easily.
The same from Staples will cost you about £40

I have a similar thing on a timber floor. I was surprised how much damage
the wheels on an office chair did to a timber floor.

Kevin