Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default How Do I undo those Rip Cord Sack fastenings?

On Feb 4, 9:31*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
,
zzapper writes

How Do I undo those Rip Cord Sack fastenings?

On the off chance that this is serious....:-)

And in agricultural terminology.... you ideally need to know which end
is which. Many 25 and 50kg feed or seed bags are closed by this system
and repetitive failures eventually teach that the position of the bag
logo or stitched in label is a reliable indication.

Cut the surplus *overstitch* off close to the bag. You will then have
two threads, one of which will unzip when pulled.

On the bags I am familar with, there is only one thread making the
seal. If you have two threads, then one of them is a dead end. I
usually find that I have to unthread through the loops once, and then
I can just pull. If that isn't working, I go to the other end.

Often the right end has a sort of double thickness of thread where the
stitcher has gone back on itself.

It's very satisfying when you get it right.