Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default How Do I undo those Rip Cord Sack fastenings?

In message
,
zzapper writes
Hi

How Do I undo those Rip Cord Sack fastenings?

On the off chance that this is serious....:-)

And in agricultural terminology.... you ideally need to know which end
is which. Many 25 and 50kg feed or seed bags are closed by this system
and repetitive failures eventually teach that the position of the bag
logo or stitched in label is a reliable indication.

Cut the surplus *overstitch* off close to the bag. You will then have
two threads, one of which will unzip when pulled.

Unfortunately there are several different versions of stitchers: having
two or more threads.

The advent of cheap plastic sacks reduced the problem as a knife nick
into the side along the stitching line allows a bit of brute force to
tear off the bag top. Just like toilet paper!

regards

--
Tim Lamb