Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Pfeiffer Joe Pfeiffer is offline

Default Drawing in Linux

"DoN. Nichols" writes:

Actually -- it was developed by the U.S. Army Balistics Research
Lab (the "BRL" of "BRLCAD"), and it was tailored for what *they* needed
it to do. It may be very good for their tasks, and a bit awkward for
the HSM. Think of it as being like using a drawing program aimed at
architectural work (.e.g. dimensions in feet and inches) and trying to
use it to design a wris****ch. :-) And one developed for architectural
work would probably not have good features for doing circles and
fillets.

Sort of like why I haven't suggested my favorite drawing tool: xfig.
The perfect tool for just about any line drawing you'd want to make
related to computers; totally hopeless for designing parts.