Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Bush Pardon

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:57:51 -0800, Bungalow Bill
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:46:12 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:48:24 GMT, Bob Quintal
wrote:

If the USA had sensible drug laws, instead of the draconian ban of a
harmless weed that has medicinal value, the whole event would never
have happened.

---
Yup, and with sensible drug laws a lot less than 1% of our population
would be in jail for seeking the inalienable rights of life, liberty,
and the pursuit of happiness supposed to be guaranteed to us by our
constitution.

Unfortunately, the powers that be don't want us to toke.

Why not?

Because, behind a good hit, their hypocrisy regarding "benevolent
control" is revealed for the ruse it really is, so they've gotten
violent and decided to take out the sources of whatever socially
enlightening material might be extant.

JF

Not to mention that they can't tax it if it's free. AND they would
have to admit that they have been wrong all this time.

---
Indeed, and having the balls to admit to having been wrong is something
our government doesn't have, since it wants to be viewed as omnipotent
and infallible and won't admit error even when the error is glaring.

the Prohibition era is a good example.

Shut down the supply of legal alcohol and what happens?

Illegal sources spring up everywhere and get together and organized
crime gets a foothold into controlling the system because people like to
get drunk and have a good time and our prohibitionist government says
"You can't do that."

What a bunch of ****ing idiots, Especially when they've been wrong
through so many administrations.

Want a good look at something shocking?

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/agency/staffing.htm

From 1972 to 2007 their staff grew from 2775 to 10759, an increase of
about 4:1, while their budget grew from 65.2 million to 2.35 BILLION, an
increase of about 36:1.

Sounds to me like someone in the DEA'a got a little scam going on that
works like when they ask for money and anyone dares to "just say no",
then that bitcher gets labeled as pro-drug and, God knows, that's the
end of a career.

For all that money, however, have they been able to meet their goal of
drying up either the supply of dope coming into the country or that
being grown/made here?

Of course not, but they sure have inflated the prison population.
Another huge social and economic expense we can do without.

JF