Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Suggestion for Basement Reno

On Feb 3, 2:27�pm, wrote:
Hi...just looking for ideas of how to finish off the last room in my
basement. I already have a tool room, laundry, and bathroom completed.
I am looking at making an entertainment room with a Flat Screen TV,
Fireplace, and Sit-up Wet Bar (Bar with bar stools). Also I would like
a storage room for the seasonal stuff (fishing, hunting, skies,
skates, helmets, camping/hiking gear etc.).

The room is long and kind of narrow, a plan with measurements can be
seen he

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcnz94df_0f5gqcdt9

Please comment on what might be the best option. The walls are still
open, just insulated, so wiring is not an issue.

Thanks,

Sit-up wet bars are old fashion, you can't face the person you're
talking to and basically useless for most. I would build a counter
that extends about 7' from a wall that has seating on both sides. This
would basically break up the long room, people could sit at it and
play cards or talk across it and get a genuine feeling of being
welcome. A bar really doesn't do that much. you could have more
comfortable seating on either side and maybe a few games tables on the
other. Doing this would allow everyone to view the big screen. Also a
good place for all the snacks during the big game...........next
year. :-)

Hank ~~~~~likes a lot of snacks