Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Painter's Touch or Painter's Fingerprint??

Most paints take a week to two to fully cure. The thicker the coats, the
longer the cure time. See what they are like in that time frame.
Ed

Right, wait a couple weeks for the paint to cure before applying any
topcoat, if that's what you decide to do. In the meantime, the paint
will be soft and easily scratched, a pain when you're moving furniture
back into a newly painted room.
Greg M

I can certainly wait. I was already in the process of waiting at least
48 hours before checking it again. I had hoped to finish one table per
week but I'd rather have them perfect.
`Casper