Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Electrical receptacles

Tony Hwang wrote:

MiamiCuse wrote:
I am installing new electrical receptacles thoroughout the house, this go
around will be all 15A 120V. I will need about 75 of them, they need to be
Decora style. Which is better, Leviton or Cooper? Lutron is a bit more
than what I am willing to pay and too fancy for my taste.

Thanks,

MC

Hi,
There are consumer, commercial, indusrial grade.

Yes, and it's most economical to select the grade of the device based on
the location that it will be installed in. For locations where for
example a table lamp will be plugged in and the receptacle isn't likely
to see any other activity all year, the consumer/residential grade is
fine. For locations like in a hallway where a vacuum will be frequently
plugged in, etc. the commercial/spec grade is appropriate. For kitchens
and workshops with constant plugging and unplugging use commercial/spec
grade as the minimum.