Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Warren Post Warren Post is offline

Default UPS battery replacement schedule

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:40:53 +0000, Jim Yanik wrote:

It just will not have a long run time.

Ah, that's been my problem, then. I have never tested for longer than it
takes my system to shut down, which is only 60 seconds or so. Now that
I'm getting a new battery tomorrow, I'll measure the run time I get, and
again periodically.

Is there some rough guide as to when to replace the battery, such as (for
example) once run time has dropped to half?

For the benefit of lurkers reading this, you don't want to do the pull-
the-plug test while writable media are mounted. (Not while running
Windows, for example.) A Linux live CD (free for the download) would be a
safe choice for this.
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras