Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Painter's Touch or Painter's Fingerprint??

What you used, is it water based? Latex paints seldom really harden very
much. You might want to consider using an Alkyd Oil based paint.
Leon

I used Rustoleum's Painter's Touch ...
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGBrand.asp?bid=3

I used the "Expresso" color, but label is same ...
http://www.rustoleum.com/cbgimages/d...SatinHoney.pdf

Cleanup with mineral spirits, so I'm guessing there is some oil in it.

I can only find a matte and gloss finish in the same product line and
really wanted a semi, but my major concern is the scratching.

Could it be since it is a little colder in the basement that it is
retarding the drying? (50-60 deg) Can says dry in 24 hours.