Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Tool path simulation?

. 3.70...
"Pete C." fired this volley in
ster.com:

steamer wrote:

--Looking for a free or cheap download for a program that
will
generate a tool path simulation from G-code. Anyone got a link to
something without an odious price tag or EULA?

Mach3, free demo version if the code is relatively small.

I think EMC2 has one built into the interface. You'd have to 'build'
a simple fake machine for it to run. But that software is free, and
pretty easy to understand.

Or do like I do... edit the g-code to zero at the beginning and end of the
run, and just turn your controller off and run it. (make sure your relative
zero is set before loading the code also).

www.linuxcnc.org

LLoyd