Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default Office type chair on a new carpet

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:14:37 -0000, "Mick Cant" wrote:

Hi all,
I have just had a new hopefully hard wearing carpet in my living
room, but just realised that the very comfortable office type chair I have
with five legs on small wheels.
I remember seeing the damage these wheels can do on carpet, and as I do not
need to keep wheeling it around wondered if there were any cup type caps I
could put under the wheels to stop any carpet damage.
I hope this makes sense and someone can suggest something,
Mick.

Not a very elegant solution I admit, but I have a similar situation and have
simply cut a circle of the same carpet, on which the chair sits. It's not
perfect, but after quite a long while and plenty of use, the indentations in the
normal carpet, are not *that* pronounced. I guess you could have it bound, if
you wanted a more polished look.