Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Heat Register Deflectors

"Kate" wrote in message
I have heat deflectors on some of my heat registers so that instead of the
heat going up towards the ceiling, it will flow out towards the center of
the room.

Does anyone else use these, and do you think they are really necessary?

They are a bit of a pain, because whenever I have company, someone
invariably kicks it if they happen to be in a room with one of these
deflectors.

Many thanks.

Kate

In most cases, the air is going to move around the room as the blower runs.
Deflectors are good to move the warm air away from furniture, but I don't
know they are of much value for any other reason. Take a couple of them off
and see how the room feels. May even be better as the air diffuses.