Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus14358 Ignoramus14358 is offline

Default Drawing in Linux

On 2009-02-03, Pete Keillor wrote:
Iggy, what do you use for cad or parts drawing? I know you said
you've about completely converted to Ubuntu. I'm considering dumping
windows when I retire, and I'll need to replace my vector graphics
program anyway, since it's on the work computer. I'll also need a new
laptop.

The only other reason I might keep a windows machine would be flight
and r/c simulators, and possibly personal finances.

Pete Keillor

Pete, I do not personally make any CAD drawings. I am going to
investigate it a little. I know that there is BRLCAD for Linux
available, I tried it a while ago and found to be powerful. I am
looking at CYCAS right now. Seems to work, not that I know
anything. Cycas is a free (of charge) program, with some use
limitations, but you can upgrade for a ful license for 48 euros.

BRLCAD is completely free software.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/