Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can make Dining Table?

Peter Huebner wrote:

In article ,
says...
Yes, you have permission Depends on how good you are. Making is
usually better.

But it does take longer. Sometimes quite a bit longer.

Yep, took me 6 years, for example, just to find exactly the blonde hard
wood I wanted. Then it cost me more than an Ikea kit would've :-D

Then again, you never get complimented on an Ikea kit set table.

-P.

On one of the home improvement shows a few years ago,they showed people
who sold their homes and what they liked about the home, then the new
owners and their plans for the home (usually two mutually exclusive
opinions). On one of the shows, the elderly lady selling the house proudly
showed off her kitchen and how happy she was with her cabinets. She
crowed, "they come all the way from Sweden." Silly me, I bought the
comment until the new owners came in, and with a sledge hammer made the
comment, "sorry [name], the Ikea cabinets are history.