Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Painter's Touch or Painter's Fingerprint??

"Casper" wrote in message
I am currently painting two small tables. I had originally planned to
stain them but for several reasons decided to go with paint. I am
using Rustoleum's Painter's Touch (Espresso) and, although a little
drippy for my taste, is going on fairly well.

My question/concern is that although it appears dry, it is easy to
scratch with a fingernail. This will be an issue as these are for
laptop use. I have considered giving them a few final coats of Deft
lacquer but am now hesitant as to if this is the best choice.

Most paints take a week to two to fully cure. The thicker the coats, the
longer the cure time. See what they are like in that time frame.