Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Appliance Hose Connections

"N8N" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 1:42 pm, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
"Phil Again" wrote in message Question
for

Experts:

Is WD-40 a similar product to Liquid Wrench? I thought WD-40 was for
lubrication, while Liquid Wrench was what would be called for in cases
like this. (If hoses of OP's problem are metal threaded connectors.)

(This is based on a plumber needing to open a 3 inch sewer clean-out who
disdainfully remarked on the use of WD-40 for rusted black iron pip.)

WD-40 is to displace water.That is what the WD is for.

It is also good for moles, colds, and tight assholes.

If you need to loosen tight and rusted bolts you need a penetrating oil.
Kroil is the best that I have used.

http://www.kanolabs.com/

We use it by the case where I work.

If something needs lubercating find the correct oil for the application.

Guess that you can tell that I have no use for WD-40. I have not had the
need to give it a try for the origional application.

I agree, Kroil is good and so is Wuerth Rost Off (likely only found at
a German car parts store though.) If neither of those are available
PB Blaster or Seafoam Deep Creep are still preferable to WD-40.

nate

Ditto on the Kroil and PB Blaster....Good stuff....