Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default aldi cement mixer?

george (dicegeorge) wrote:
Is the aldi cement mixer at £99 a good buy?

I want to mix some plaster for wall draughtproofing,
and some lime mortar for pointing some bits of walls
over the coming months and years...

I bought one a couple of years ago, but in the end the project I bought
it for didn't come off, and having spent the best part of an afternoon
assembling the bloody thing - believe it or not it comes in a flatpack -
I decided to offload it on ebay (I think I made 20 or 30 quid profit on
the deal!).

It seemed reasonably solid, but my big problem with it was the overall
bulk of the beast. It's not possible to quickly and easily dismantle it
for storage, like the little Belle Minimix jobs you get from the hire
shops, so it occupied a big chunk of the garage.

David