Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default How fill rough edges around light switch?

If the visible flaws are small (1/8" or so) just fill with drywall
compound and then paint. If the areas are larger you may have to cut
out the bad area between two studs and attach a new piece of drywall
in that area. Fill and tape the joints and then paint.

If you want it to look right there is no quick way to fix it.

G.S.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 09:00:39 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

A couple of light switches in my house have visible rough edges in the
wall around one or more sides of the switch cover.

What's a good way of covering those up? Someone I know suggested
caulk, but when I imagine the result it doesn't look too good.

One switch is in drywall, the other plaster.

TIA,