Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default how to fit a close coupled wc so it doen't leak

Rod wrote:
tonyjeffs wrote:
You say you aren't sure if its the spongy washer or the flush
mechanism that leaks. If it's the washer then it will only leak when
the thing is flushed surely.

Robert

Good bit of logic - Why didn't I think of that?
- It's definitely the washer.
It is all well aligned, though. Maybe the washer slipped - I'll check
-- and I'll apply some vaseline.

I feel a bit more confident

Thanks
Tony

Not entirely sure I would endorse Vaseline for this purpose. If the
washer is rubber, doesn't Vaseline affect many rubber products? I used
thick silicone grease for similar purposes.

It will perish natural rubber. Chances are the foam is synthetic, but I
always use silicone grease to be on the safe side.

--
Cheers,

John.