Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default how to fit a close coupled wc so it doen't leak

tonyjeffs wrote:
You say you aren't sure if its the spongy washer or the flush
mechanism that leaks. If it's the washer then it will only leak when
the thing is flushed surely.

Robert

Good bit of logic - Why didn't I think of that?
- It's definitely the washer.
It is all well aligned, though. Maybe the washer slipped - I'll check
-- and I'll apply some vaseline.

I feel a bit more confident

Thanks
Tony

Not entirely sure I would endorse Vaseline for this purpose. If the
washer is rubber, doesn't Vaseline affect many rubber products? I used
thick silicone grease for similar purposes.

Any opinions? Maybe the rubber will not get affected, or it is not
rubber, or the scale of the effect is minimal?

--
Rod

onset.