Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lifetime guarantee

On Feb 2, 6:57�am, Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:32:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Larry K. wrote:
Are these things worth it?

Bought a lifetime guaranteed garden hose from Sears Hardware. It got
a pin hole in it. Called Sears Hardware, asked them what I needed to
return it. They said just bring the hose back. I've had the hose for
about 6 years, of course I didn't save the receipt, Sears said I
didn't need it anyways.
Got to Sears, they informed me I needed to send the hose back to the
manufacturer, because it wasn't their brand. Hold on, I bought it
here, you told me to bring it back. �Nope, send it back to the
manufacturer, and you'll need your receipt.

Fool me once........................

If you buy something with a lifetime guarantee, and don't save the receipt and
guarantee statement, what do you expect? Sears has been pretty good to me on
their hand tools. If it's obviously theirs, no receipt is needed.

Not here. �I have a screw clamp with the word "Craftsman" burned into
the side. �When the clamp handle fell off I took it back to Sears and
they said "Sorry, those are not guaranteed because they have moving
parts."- Hide quoted text -

futher sears no longer owens the craftsman brand, they are a licensee
only. kenmore is being sold off, to raise cash for operations.

retail is in a bad way, because of the economy. besides when K mart
bought sears they sold off ALL non retail assests that sears used
vhistorically to survive bad erconomic times.

allstate insurance, NTB tire and battery, their credit card operations
which was larger than retail, coldwell banker real estate, now they
sold off craftsman and soon kenmore.

sears itself is in danger of disappearing adding their name to retail
history like montogomery ward, WT GRANT, woolworths, and a ton of
others.circuit city, just joined that list

its really sad