Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lifetime guarantee

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 16:32:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Larry K. wrote:
Are these things worth it?

Bought a lifetime guaranteed garden hose from Sears Hardware. It got
a pin hole in it. Called Sears Hardware, asked them what I needed to
return it. They said just bring the hose back. I've had the hose for
about 6 years, of course I didn't save the receipt, Sears said I
didn't need it anyways.
Got to Sears, they informed me I needed to send the hose back to the
manufacturer, because it wasn't their brand. Hold on, I bought it
here, you told me to bring it back. Nope, send it back to the
manufacturer, and you'll need your receipt.

If you buy something with a lifetime guarantee, and don't save the receipt and
guarantee statement, what do you expect? Sears has been pretty good to me on
their hand tools. If it's obviously theirs, no receipt is needed.

Not here. I have a screw clamp with the word "Craftsman" burned into
the side. When the clamp handle fell off I took it back to Sears and
they said "Sorry, those are not guaranteed because they have moving
parts."