Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Gunner's Status

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 00:14:31 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Buerste" wrote in message
.. .

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

That's the way I feel about the Global Warming(kumbaya) issue, and
I've invested far more than a few hours (try: man-weeks) on that,
doing reading and debunking on both sides. And I'm not convinced that
man could make any changes in the global environment even if he tried,
though I'm much more comfy with nuke than coal powerplants. I used to
live almost downwind from one (1-3 units @ San Onofre) for 35 years.
As a coinkydink, Tucker's _Terrestrial Energy_ showed me some
interesting tidbits on the benefits of radiation on the human body,
with reduced incidences of cancer in exposed people. The health care
system could benefit.

Have fun.

Thanks. I'll try.

--
Even with the best of maps and instruments,
we can never fully chart our journeys.

Well, you know how I feel about the Global Warming(kumbaya) scam. I still
can't understand how anyone with two synapses firing can fall for it. Oh,
I think I just got the answer.

Between Dr. Tom and Dr. Larry, we seem to have all major forms of denial
covered except for the health hazards of smoking, the Earth traveling around
the sun, and the holocaust.

What, no "Halelujah!"?

'Good to have you with us, doctors. It's a relief not to have to believe
anything so inconvenient, and to have such outstanding experts to help us
discredit 90% of the world's top climate scientists.

How many hours do you suppose the world's top climate scientists have
put into critiquing their technology? Isn't it much more likely that
they've said "I don't have time for that crap. Put me down as a
believer. Besides, I'll get more funding that way. Works for me!"?

Singer and Michaels are top climate scientists, too, and they're
adamant skeptics. They and _many_ other scientists have convinced me
that the GWk alarmists and scare mongers are just what their labels
call them. Mother Nature does what she damned well pleases, though I'd
rather we didn't spew all that crap into the environment. YMMV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Singer atmospheric scientist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Michaels 27+ yrs climatologist

Look at the twenty and thirty page biblios in the back of Crichton's
and Lomborg's books. They, too, have done their homework. You appear
to be like the herd here, Ed; Happy to accept what the masses do. How
much have you studied the subject? What all did you discuss with your
climatologist friend or acquaintance?

I can't wait to re-read your PhD. dissertations.

Please hold your breath. We'll get back to you, Ed.

While you wait, why not get back to your copy of _Inconvenient Truth_,
or Friedman's book, _Hot, Flat, and Crowded_, eh?