Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default how to fit a close coupled wc so it doen't leak

On Feb 2, 1:39*pm, tonyjeffs wrote:
My technique is rubbish.
Assemble - fit - test - mop up the mess
Reassemble - fit -test - mop upthe mess
Repeat until luck improves.

I've just had the same lack of succes on the new under stairs wc that
I've built. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe its that spongy
big coupling washer - or maybe it's the seal between the flush
assembly and the ceramic cistern. I'll go back and check when i've
finished sulking.

I found that it was very important that the cistern and loo were
properly aligned otherwise the spongy washer does not seal. For
example, if the loo sits on a slightly sloping floor, for example, and
the cistern is upright then you can get leaks (I did anyway).

I'd smear the spongy washer with vaseline so it can get itself in a
comfortable position.

You say you aren't sure if its the spongy washer or the flush
mechanism that leaks. If it's the washer then it will only leak when
the thing is flushed surely.

Robert