Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Howdens and IKEA kitchens

OG wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, IKEA have a pretty good reputation as far as
these things go. We had a kitchen-full in place for 17+ years with few
problems. We recently replaced the wall cupboards from IKEA and they went
together just as well as before. My only gripe is that the drawer design
isn't the same so we had to rout out a slot on the new drawer fronts so
they could be made to fit the old drawer frames.

Out of interest, what's the spares side like on modern kitchens? I get the
impression that it's still just about possible to get bits and pieces
(doors, worktops, mechanisms) for some 15-20 year old kitchens. So if you
move an appliance you can buy a new door without having to buy new doors for
the whole kitchen.

Does that still apply to modern suppliers, or do they have a
when-it's-gone-it's-gone attitude?

What happened to Howdens regarding the MFI collapse - I know they split but
still had some kind of relationship... are they completely separate now?

Theo