Tom Watson

Default Scarf joint or butt joint your choice on crown molding? - the winner is....scarf joint

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:26:03 GMT, (Dave Mundt) wrote:

Well, while I am going to toss my vote in for the scarf
joint, as that is the "craftsman" way to do it, I can see why
the butt joint would be recommended these days. It gets back
to craftsmanship vs money.

Never tried the following butt (sic) I think I might next time. How
about setting up a finger joint cutter in the shaper/routah table and
prepping the square cut ends with this. Shouldn't take very long,
once set up, and the gluing surface should be pretty good.

Hmmm.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania