Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Howdens and IKEA kitchens

Owain wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
I just went in and said I was just starting out as a property developer,

Not so believable now ;-)

It's a great time if you want to buy property and have finance.

Not convinced, myself. You could maybe buy now at X% below the market
value; but the smart money seems to reckon the market has quite some way
to fall yet - so surely better to wait a few months and buy at X% below
the market value then?

Of course predicting the 'trough' in the market is easier said than
done, but if I was a first-time buyer I'd be taking advantage of low
rents caused by the glut of 'forced-to-let' landlords and biding my time
a bit.

David