Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suggestions on correcting the poor ventilation in my attic?

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:45:19 -0800 (PST), theedudenator
wrote:

We have been in the house a few months, we knew we had to fix some
attic vent problems from the home inspection.

I was up in the attic today.
I have good sofit vents with foam shields to keep the insulation from
blocking.
There is a ridge vent installed along the entire length of the roof.
BUT the guy who did the work covered it with felt and shingles.

I tried to see what I could do with a razor blade, but it seems to be
too much to correct.

I can easily add gable vents and fans, but not sure this will correct
the problem.

If it matters, in the future we would like to install a whole house
fan.

This is a 2 story house.

Come spring peal off the cap shingles and finish the ridge properly -
or better yet call back the moron that did the roof and make him fix
it.