Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Suggestions on correcting the poor ventilation in my attic?

On Feb 1, 10:12�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"theedudenator" wrote in message

We have been in the house a few months, we knew we had to fix some
attic vent problems from the home inspection.

I was up in the attic today.
I have good sofit vents with foam shields to keep the insulation from
blocking.
There is a ridge vent installed along the entire length of the roof.
BUT the guy who did the work covered it with felt and shingles.

I tried to see what I could do with a razor blade, but it seems to be
too much to correct.

I can easily add gable vents and fans, but not sure this will correct
the problem.

If it matters, in the future we would like to install a whole house
fan.

This is a 2 story house.

If you want to add a whole house fan you'll need some gable vents and they
should equal in are the size of the fan, usually about 30' square.

I'd also try to open the ridge vent, but not seeing it, I don't know how big
a job it will be. �Investigate some different cutting tools- Hide quoted text -

remove ridge vent cut open openings from above outside replace ridge
vent and shingles.

the problem is the bad roofer