Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry K. Larry K. is offline

Default Lifetime guarantee

Are these things worth it?

Bought a lifetime guaranteed garden hose from Sears Hardware. It got a pin
hole in it. Called Sears Hardware, asked them what I needed to return it.
They said just bring the hose back. I've had the hose for about 6 years, of
course I didn't save the receipt, Sears said I didn't need it anyways.

Got to Sears, they informed me I needed to send the hose back to the
manufacturer, because it wasn't their brand. Hold on, I bought it here, you
told me to bring it back. Nope, send it back to the manufacturer, and
you'll need your receipt.