DLGlos

Default Arrgh! No more Jesada Dado Blades

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:33:37 GMT, EmbErna wrote:

In early september (3rd) I ordered a jesada 8" dado
blade from hartville tool, it's on their closeout item list.

I notice they still have the units on closeout. When I ordered
mine, the phone operator mentioned they had plenty (40 i think).

Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the item.

http://tinyurl.com/q4e5

Pretty good deal too, 139.99

good luck.
mikey

Mikey,

You da man. Cheaper than ordering direct from Jesada, although, I
thought shipping was a bit steep ($11.95) plus I got hit with sales
tax for being in state.

Funny, I looked Hartville Tool up in Mapquest, and they are pretty
close to what used to be ":home country" for my mother-in-laws family.
Sadly, in the last 6 years, my wifes grandmother, and both of her
aunts passed away and there isn't much reason to visit that neck of
the woods anymore. I'm at the diametrically opposite end of the state,
in Cincinnati.

To the others that advocated router dados. For a lot of items they
make sense, but I just completed a three bay wide (total width, 35")
by three bay high (total hight, 48") open front locker for my kids. It
was the second real piece of furniture that I have built, and the
casework was high quality hardwood plywood. Built myself a crosscut
sled for my contractor saw and ran all the dados on that. With the big
crosscut sled and stop blocks, I was able to safety and precisely cut
many dados on the table saw in a very small amount of time. Took
almost as much time to set the wobble dado up to make the cuts.

My original plan was to use my router, but setup would have been far
trickier and time consuming on the 8 panels (some on two sides) that I
had to dado. Honestly, I think there is a place for both methods, but
on this job, and others that I will be doing soon, a proper dado
blade, crosscut sled and table saw make the most sense.

Thanks to all for the comments,
DLGlos