Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Amps and Heads ...

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Arfa Daily wrote:

A few weeks ago, I was looking for a schematic for a PA amp, and called
it a
"head" on here. I got told that it wasn't a head, because it had a preamp
in
it, and a head has only line level inputs.

No, a head has instrument level inputs.

A PA amp has line level inputs if professional, or could be anything down
to mic
level if a mixer/amp.

Basically a 'head' usually lives on top of a speaker stack, often behind a
guitarist.

Graham

Yeah. Sorry. I think I got my knickers in a twist here. I finished up
misunderstanding not only what you said, but what I was saying myself. Yet
more examples of senior moments. Oh how I hate getting old ...

Arfa