Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Hinges

http://www.garrettwade.com/professio.../p/23K01ddd21/

Your dream is come true! It's what I've been using

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 1:57 pm, "Lee Michaels"

wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

Hurray for Vix bits. I have cheapo low powered cordless drill
with a
#8 Vix in it permanently. I modified the Vix by replacing the
drill
bit with a tapered one.
Great for L-brackets, hinges, mending plates. Accept no
substitutes.

It would be nice if they made one with a 1/4" hex drive. so I
could
pop one in and out of my impact drivers.

Any possibility of cutting a small peice off of a 1/4 " hex key
and welding
it to the vix bit??

Or are the bits too small?

I am not sure what metal the upper housing of the Vix bits are
made
from, but I looks like non weld-able pot-aluminium-like stuff.
Leon??

I'm still looking to find a small ( 3/8" or smaller) chuck with a
1/4"
hex-shaft base that I can pop in my impact driver. Buying
hex-based
drill bits is a non starter. I have yet to find any that are
decent.
Every time I see what looks like a small chuck, it is invariably
another proprietary receptacle for some other company's driver
bits.