Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Harbor Freight is great

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:51:06 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

How accurate is the alignment, both for straight and 45° cuts?

I cut straight pieces to within a 32nd of an inch. 1/16th would have been
good enough. The 45° were very close. On a full tile (4 inch) they were
spot on. On my trim tile pieces (two inch wide band) you had to hold the
tile really tight against the plastic slide. Not a problem.

That's great news. How quicky does it cut a tile in half, Ivan?

I wasn't pushing it. About three seconds to make a 4 inch long cut, full
depth.

Ivan Vegvary

I have two bathrooms to tile, would you like to come and visit for a while?
...and bring your tile saw?

If you didn't live in Cleavage and it wasn't in the middle of icy
winter, someone might take you up on that, Tawm.

--
Even with the best of maps and instruments,
we can never fully chart our journeys.