Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Senate votes to delay DTV

Jim Yanik wrote:

Doubtful,as DTV coverage areas are all SMALLER than the older analog.

Well, not according to the maps in the areas I've looked at -- most are
actually slightly larger expected coverage areas although there are some
that are more directional and do show lobe effects in the DTV map not
present for the same transmitter in analog.

As for adding translators and upping fringe coverage, I have serious
doubts any significant numbers of stations will be doing that--the
numbers will just be too small to make enough difference to the revenue
to justify the cost I expect.