Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Peavey Cyberbass/ Neutrik R8 connectors

N_Cook wrote in message
http://www.neutrik.com/client/neutri...1128418177.jpg

Or rather the choice of lead, presumably a generic problem so a

pre-emptive
fix for these leads required, whether new or old. Apart from fixing the
break in one wire on this lead. No abuse required, they will naturally

self
destruct.

8 way midi and audio lead but no overall shield and the otherwise nice
rubbery sleeving compresses/deforms to next to nothing thickness under the
plastic crocodile teeth of the internal cable grip. So the teeth end up
pressing into a single
active (soon to be not) wire in normal use.

Any standard amelioration for this. I'm thinking some of that nylon
hosiery-like expanding mesh sleeve ( contracts more than heatshrink 3:1
perhaps), to go over the existing plug cores and then down onto the cable,
perhaps 2 layers of this under the cable grips.

Assuming I can make a pin extractor for the existing trident-like pins ,
before reusing solder fashion.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I wonder what Peavey charges for these leads ?
Decided to reinforce the sleeving on the other plug and one supposedly
crimped wire fell out of the pin and a grounding wire was broken in the same
manner as the other end, just retaining touching contact with inside of the
shielding foil of that triplet subset of wires.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England