Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cwo4cno7325@yahoo.com is offline

Default Hinges

Hi All,

Well, another few hours spent trying to drill the holes for a hinge
so the door fits perfectly. Lately, I've installed a few hinges that
are mostly hidden when the door is closed, don't remember what they
are called. My standard is a perfect fit: Even, Flush, no Sideways
displacement. At All! I can see a jig for drilling if I made the
same hinge joint all the time, but the usual projects are one time
pieces.

You put one side on, then... how do you mark/drill the second half
when the door is closed????? (I can drill pretty accurately if
needed) There must be a trick I'm missing. Any suggestions???

Thanks for the help.

Rich.....