Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Edwin Lester Edwin Lester is offline

Default 208 3PH question

"jk" wrote in message
news
"Edwin Lester" wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\\

Are you sure that is true for all 480v systems in the US?

I think all three of my phases measure 480 to ground, and 480 phase to
phase.

Not physically (as in physics) (or electrically) possible.
To give you a geometric analogy, what you are saying is equivalent to.

Take a piece of paper, put 3 dots on it, that are all exactly the same
distance from a common 4th dot, and that same distance from each
other. YOu can do it with two dots,[They make an equilateral triangle]
but not 3 dots in a flat plane.

Just double checked. My system show 480 phase to ground on two phases, and 0
on the third. All phases measure 480 phase to phase.