Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default OT- May we contact your employer?

In article ,
"RogerN" wrote:

While filling out an application, they ask if they may contact your employer
(I'm currently employed). I'm not sure if I should put yes or no. If I put
yes and they contact my employer, can I be fired for applying for another
job? Just wondering what others would put and why.

I have always said No, and this caused no trouble. Prospective
employers have always understood why.

Well, with one exception, and it was good to flush him out into the open
before considering taking a job there. Some employers are best avoided.

Joe Gwinn