Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Harbor Freight is great

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 05:09:48 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"

I use DeWalt 18V drills, not HF - I don't want the damn thing
crapping out on me after I've crawled 100' back into the corner of the
attic - because then I have to crawl out, find a replacement, and
crawl back in again, and it'll be another 20 degrees hotter up there
by the time I do that...

I quit using those Black & Decker er... DeWalt drills for that reason. For
me it was the chuck. Unless they have changed them in the last several
years they have a non standard chuck, and replacement parts were not as
close as my local equipment store. I'm a communications contractor and all
drills will get dropped. Its how many times before they break and if they
can be be repaired that makes the difference for me. I pretty much use only
the Milwaukee 18s now, and have for several years.