Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Harbor Freight is great

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 05:09:48 GMT, the infamous "Ivan Vegvary"
scrawled the following:

Had to do bathroom ceramic tile. My first time. Could have borrowed some
serious tile cutters from friends, but, as you all know, nothing is free.

Decided to buy the following from HF.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3733

It worked wonderfully. Yes, you do have to slide the tile as opposed to the
cutters with overhead blades. Finished the entire bathroom. Lots of 45°
cuts also.

How accurate is the alignment, both for straight and 45° cuts?

Paid $ 59.99 for the cutter and then I saw it for sale at $ 39.99. Called
HF and asked them if they would do a price reductions. Yes, all you need is
your receipt and a purchase date that is 30 days or less. Got my $ 20 back.

I know that you get what you pay for, and in this case, this little baby
matched the job on hand.

That's great news. How quicky does it cut a tile in half, Ivan?

BTW, I never use the scales to set my table saw fence. Too inaccurate. I
decided to check out the scales (scale at both top and bottom of locking
fence) on the tile saw and they were spot on. What a delight.

Indeed!

--
Even with the best of maps and instruments,
we can never fully chart our journeys.