Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default Clamp on multimeter question....

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
nick hull wrote:

In article
,
"hr(bob) " wrote:

What I could never understand is why the gas stations don't have a
generator to provide electricity to run their own pumps. Having
operating pumps could be a windfall for the gas station.

If they charge more when running a generator they get arrested for price
gouging. If they don't, they lose the cost of the generator ;(

Nuts. I'd bet that the generator would be paid for by windfall sales if
they were the only station open in town.

When the tanks are empty there are no more sales, the normal markup is
too small to make up the cost of generation unless they can refill their
tanks multiple times.