Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Senate votes to delay DTV

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:04:42 -0800, Cheri wrote:

"Tony Sivori" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:42:21 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

3. Not enough convertor boxes were available to meet the initial
demand.

I have a hard time believing this. Fact is, they didn't mail the
coupons until many retailers had boxes in stock. The letter with the
coupons specifically stated this fact.

I applied for the coupons within a few days of when they began taking
applications (January 2008). Like everyone else who applied early, they
didn't mail my coupons until a number of retailers (I specifically
remember Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy) had the boxes on the
store shelves. There were plenty on the shelves when I pick up my
boxes.

there weren't any when I was at Wal-Mart and Radio Shack early on, even
though I went back several times. I finally got them at Target close to
the deadline.

I'm surprised. What type of area do you live in? Big, medium or small
city? Or rural?

I don't recall much discussion back when the first batches of coupons were
mailed about unavailability of boxes. Most of it that I recall was about
which model box to choose.

--
Tony Sivori