Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default an absolute model of customer service - Lee Valley

David G. Nagel wrote:

When I worked for Sears I used to do that all the time when a customer
wanted something that we didn't carry. Sometimes even when we did but
didn't have in stock.

Dave

When I wore a younger man's clothes I worked for a mailorder company for
awhile. One day a customer wanted to order an accessory and I told him that
although I would be happy to take his money I knew that the mfg. was just
about to release an improved version so he might want to wait. There was a
long pause and then he said, "This is why I shop with you guys." Then he
ordered some other stuff he hadn't planned to buy at that time simply
because he felt good about doing business with us. I've said it a thousand
times, treat your customers the way you want to be treated when you're
shopping and most of them will respond positively.