PoP

Default toilet Cistern leak

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:55:32 +0100, "Douglas Sey"
wrote:

What is likely to be causing the water to be rising about an 2 centimetres
higher than it ever did before. And if I could manage to stem the leak from
this overflow pipe with some tcp tape, should I not worry about the water
level?

You may have a punctured cistern ball, the valve is going US, or the
valve assembly/ball is sticking.

Or it might just be that the adjustment screw which stops the incoming
water when the ball has risen to the correct height has not been
tightened with the nut that accompanies it. That's fairly common.

PoP