Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] dukes909@yahoo.com is offline

Default an absolute model of customer service - Lee Valley

I once sent a tool back to them that my wife bought for me and I had
rarely used because it had little quirks that made it a hassle to
use. Just could never get it to work correctly. It had been so long
since she bought it that I did not expect any refund or return etc. I
sent it back to them with a letter explaining I didn't expect
anything, and I was not complaining about it, I just wanted them to
examine it and maybe determine what was wrong with it for quality
review or whatever.

A week or so later, a very polite lady CALLED, and wanted to confirm
my shipping address as they were sending me a replacement, no
problem. I told her I didn't really want them to do that since it had
been so long (more than a year perhaps), but they did anyway. The new
item arrived in perfect working order.

I spent much of my GWB stimulus check with them right after Christmas
this year. Thanks LV!
Cheers

On Jan 30, 10:26*am, "Joe" wrote:
I can't get over what a pleasure it is to speak to the Lee Valley customer
service reps.

You can understand them
They want to help you
They actually sound friendly (yes, you can *hear* when someone is smiling)

In short, they get the job done.

Well done.

jc