Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default Does somebody take posts off of this newsgroup if they don't likethem?

Exactly. *All electric heaters are virtually 100% efficient. It is easy
to turn electricity into heat, very hard to turn it into anything else
without some of the electric energy coming out as heat. *Those heaters
are a scam. I am trying to convince people of this, but the usual
response is, "if it were not true, they wouldn't let them put that in
the paper."

Thanks, Don.
The incandescent light bulb is also 100% efficient. It is also an
electricity to heat converter. The lack of efficiency is in the human
eyesight being limited to a narrow band of electromagnetic
wavelengths.

Our home is heated with heat pump and backed up with electric furnace.
Any incandescent light turned on contributes 100% to the home heating.
The down side is it also contributes when we don't need the heat!

When I try to explain all this to a tree hugger, their eyes just glaze
over. Can't be true because their leader says it's not.

Paul